Log-In / Registration
= Members' Area
Protecting You/Your Business
Professional Indemnity
Credit Assurance
Financial Planning
Legal Services
IR35 Sample Contract
Contract Reviews
Legal Helpline
Business Services
Credit Checks
Company Formations/Admin
Tax Helpline
Discussion Board
Useful Links
Contact the CCBA:
Tel: 01442 347850
Fax: 01442 347801


Basic Tax Requirements for Companies

When is the Tax Return Due?
A corporation tax return must be sent, together with the annual accounts and tax computations, to the Inland Revenue within twelve months of the company's year end. If it is not filed within the time limit an automatic penalty is payable.

When is Tax Due?
Corporation tax is payable within nine months of the year end. If tax is not paid in time then interest will be charged by the Inland Revenue.

What Other Forms Does the Inland Revenue Require?
If the company has any paid employees (which includes directors) then the following forms must be submitted to the Inland Revenue:

1. P35/P14's
- must be completed and submitted by 19 May following the end of the tax year. A penalty of 100 applies if submitted late and increases at a rate of 100 for each month or part month that they remain outstanding.

2. P11D
(or other relevant benefit form)
- must be submitted by 6 July following the end of the tax year. A maximum initial penalty of 300 applies if the form is not submitted on time, along with a maximum penalty of 60 per day if it remains outstanding.


Insure Your Loan Payments


Melwoods Chartered Certified Accountants


10-12 Lawn Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP3 9HH
Tel 01442 347850; Fax 01442 347801

Queries regarding this page should be directed to CCBA:

Terms and Conditions for this Website




Business Services Legal Services Financial Planning Protecting You and Your Business Computer Contractors Benefit Association Resources